Welcome to the Human Rehabilitation Framework (HRF)™
Patient/Client HRF sample
These are customizable to your group
HRF Research Community Page
Human Rehabilitation Framework (HRF)™ Overview
- World’s first biopsychosocial process-based approach to rehabilitation that is accessible by all disciplines for delivering care in a transdisciplinary manner.
- Addresses the most criticized shortcomings of the Biopsychosocial (BPS) Model.
- Evolutionary step forward for Evidence Based Practice (EBP) that provides a new perspective that provides a broad synthesis of scientific evidence, clinical practice, and personalized care.
- Embraces the scientific philosophy of Functional Contextualism, which is adhered to comprehensively throughout the HRF™ in order to ensure a coherent approach to clinical reasoning, decision-making, scientific research, intervention, and outcome measures.
- Replaces differential diagnosis from a clinical standpoint in most circumstances but continues to work in parallel with ICD structure from a payer perspective and historical organizational demands.
- Moves beyond general heuristics and algorithmic problem framing.
- Replaces Clinical Practice Guidelines (CPGs), Clinical Prediction Rules (CPRs), and Clinical Pathways.
- Protocols following syndromes and diagnoses are replaced by a process-based approach for evaluation and intervention.
- Reductionist clinical thinking is replaced by adaptive strategies for embracing complexity, while maximizing technologic advances (including psycho technologic advances) for improving efficiency with complexity.
- Process-based interventions provide transdiagnostic effects by way of their multi-dimensional and multi-level interactions.
- Supports advances in Personalized Precision Medicine and the Value Based Care Model.
- Designed to be ready for the future of Biomedicine and Psychological research, transitioning from analyzing inter-individual variation to non-ergodic intra-individual variation and single-subject time series analysis.